Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 3-4 Tablespoons mini vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Stir together unsweetened shredded coconut, almond flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Use a Tablespoon to scoop batter onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool — they will firm up as they cool so wait about 15 minutes or so before serving or dipping in chocolate.
- If adding melted chocolate, add chips to a microwave safe bowl and heat for about 30 seconds and stir. If chips aren’t melted, heat for another 10 seconds or so. If the chocolate seems too thick after melting you can add a teaspoon of melted coconut oil to thin it out. Dip each macaroon into the melted chocolate and/or drizzle chocolate over each macaroon. Place macaroons in the fridge/freezer for 5-10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden. Store any leftover macaroons in the fridge or freezer. If you do store them in the freezer, let them sit out at least 10 minutes before eating. They’re really hard straight from the freezer.
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide! Click here to download.
Original source: https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/coconut-detox-macaroons/