Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
- 2kg whole butternut pumpkin, halved lengthways, deseeded peeled
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tbs finely chopped sage, plus extra leaves to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- Have the cut halves face down. Use a knife to cut slits in the pumpkin but make sure to not cut all the way to the bottom as you want it to stay as a whole.
- Brush with a little of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Make sure to get in between the slits. Place in a roasting pan and bake for 1 hour or until nearly tender.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frying pan and cook garlic for 6 minutes or until soft. Cool.
- Combine garlic, walnut, sage, in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture over the pumpkin and into the creases. bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden and pumpkin is tender. Garnish
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide! Click here to download.