Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
The awesomeness of this jam is in its simplicity: 3 ingredients. You are in control of what goes into your jam. It’s much lower sugar than most jams.
2 cups raspberry (if using frozen, defrost first) - you can also use cherries, blueberries, strawberries etc
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons warm water
2-4 tablespoons honey (preferably raw) or Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar if vegan
1/2 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1. Add the thawed raspberries and sweetener to a saucepan over medium heat.
2. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Gently mash the berries with a wooden spoon.
3. Bring the mixture to a low-boil, cover with a lid, then reduce heat to low. Allow this to simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds. The jam will thicken as it cools.
5. Once cool, taste the jam and add more sweetener if needed.
6. Store the chia jam in an air-tight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide!
Original Source: http://myheartbeets.com/cherry-chia-jam/