Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
Sweet, salty, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, these no bake salted caramel pretzel bars are made without flour, butter, or refined sugar, but you’d never be able to tell!
2 cups (80 g) pretzels, crushed*
1 cup (80 g) oats
3/4 cup (150g) Medjool dates
6 Tbsp (96 g) nut or seed butter**
2 Tbsp (40 g) brown rice syrup***
1 - 2 (15-30 ml) Tbsp. non-dairy milk
1 cup (175 g) dairy-free chocolate chips
1 tsp (5 ml) coconut oil
- Line an 8x8 (20x20 cm) baking pan with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Set aside.
- Add pretzels and oats to the bowl of a food processor and process until the pretzels have broken down into small pieces and the oats resemble a flour. Add dates, nut/seed butter, and liquid sweetener, and continue processing until a dough begins to form and stick together. If it seems too crumbly or dry, add non-dairy milk, one tablespoon at a time until the dough sticks together when you pinch it between your fingers.
- Transfer dough to your prepared baking pan and use a spatula or your hands to spread it evenly in the pan, making sure to press down firmly. Set aside.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and heat on high in 30 second increments until melted and smooth, making sure to stir between each. Pour chocolate over bars and use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Top with crushed pretzels, if desired, and transfer pan to fridge for at least an hour to allow the bars to set.
- When bars have set, remove from fridge and allow to thaw for a few minutes before using a sharp knife to cut into bars. Store in an airtight container, either in the fridge or at room temperature, depending on how warm it is and how the bars behave.
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide!