Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
30-minute cheesy vegan crackers that taste just like Cheez Its! Simple, fast, and surprisingly close to the original. So cheezy!
- 1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ¾ - 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour or whole-wheat pastry flour*
- 1/4 cup oat flour (or just sub more all-purpose)
- 3 Tbsp yellow cornmeal
- optional:1/4 tsp baking powder for fluffiness
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 2-4 Tbsp cold water
- Preheat oven to 176 C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add dry ingredients to a food processor and process to thoroughly combine.
- Then add olive and/or butter and pulse again until crumbly.
- Add cold water 1 Tbsp at a time until it forms a loose dough. You don’t want too much water, so go easy on it and add a little at a time. It shouldn’t need more than 3 Tbsp.
- Remove from processor and form into a loose ball with your hands. It’s actually good for this dough to be worked and warmed by the heat of your hands, so don’t worry about touching it too much. However, you are not kneading it, just forming it into a disc.
- Lay on a lightly floured surface – I found parchment worked great as my flat surface – dust the top with flour, and roll to 1/8th inch thick with a lightly floured rolling pin. Use a knife, pizza cutter or small cut cookie cutter shape to cut the dough into square crackers.
- Bake for 12-17 minutes or until puffy and golden brown. These are pretty tender. For a crispier cracker, bake until golden brown. Makes about 70 crackers.
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide! Click here to download.
Original source: https://minimalistbaker.com/vegan-cheez-its/
Just wanted to add to my previous comment! We have mixed things up by adding a small amount of bacon bits and Parmesan cheese to them and they were amazing! And also added cracked pepper to another batch! So easy to add and keep the same
I made these today and they’re not much to look at but they’re surprisingly addictive! I don’t really know what cheezits taste like but if they’re similar to these then they’re probably addictive too ?? I cant stop eating them and they’re also really nice with dip as well.