Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
These Almond Pistachio Protein Oat Cookies are the perfect little snack on the go! They taste INCREDIBLE and are very satisfying! They are half double dipped in raw chocolate and sprinkled with pistachios. This is a recipe that everyone will be asking you for!
Makes approx 20 Cookies
1 cup oats
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup almond meal
½ cup pistachios
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp Protein Powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut sugar
½ tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp nut butter of choice (almond, peanut, cashew)
½ cup raw cacao butter
2 tbsp raw agave syrup or maple syrup
⅓ cup raw cacao powder
Extra pistachios to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees celsius.
2. Place all the cookie ingredients into a food processor and pulse until sticky when pressed between the fingers. Add a little bit more maple syrup if the mixture does not stick together.
3. Line baking tray with baking paper.
4. Scoop 1 tbsp of the cookie mixture, roll into balls and then flatten with your hands until you get a nice flat cookie. Repeat with the remaining cooking mixture.
5. Bake in the oven for approximately 15 mins. Let cool on cooling rack.
6. To make raw chocolate, slowly melt raw cacao butter using a double boiler over low heat. Be careful not to overheat.
7. Once cacao butter is melted, add the syrup and whisk with a fork. Mix well to combine.
7. Add raw cacao powder and keep whisking the chocolate mixture until silky smooth.
8. Drizzle / dip the cookies into the melted raw chocolate mixture. Place into the fridge for a couple of minute to harden and then dip into the chocolate mixture again. Decorate with pistachios.
9. Keep the cookies in an airtight container and enjoy your yummy snacks! These will last for a week (If you haven’t eaten them all by then!)
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide!
Original source: http://www.secretsquirrelfood.com/almond-pistachio-oat-cookies/