Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
For the freezer fudge (lightly adapted from Everyday Detox):
- 1 1/2 cups raw smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan sea salt or other fine sea salt, to taste
For the chocolate topping:
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of pink himalayan sea salt or other fine sea salt
- Maldon sea salt or other flaked sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- Lightly grease a standard size loaf pan (9"x5") and line with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit the length of the pan.
For the fudge: Spoon the almond butter into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small pot, add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt (only the fudge ingredients here). Heat over low, until the oil is melted. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the almond butter, stirring as you go. Stir until completely smooth and combined. It'll be quite runny at this stage.
- With a spatula, spoon the almond butter mixture into the prepared pan. Smooth out. Place the pan, uncovered, on a flat surface in the freezer. Freeze for around 1 hour, or until the fudge is solid.
For the chocolate topping: In a small pot, add the oil and melt the oil over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the maple syrup, cocoa powder, and salt until smooth. I like to place the chocolate sauce in the fridge for several minutes until thickened slightly.
- Slice the frozen slab of fudge into about 21 (1-inch) squares and place on a large plate lined with parchment paper, about a half-inch between each piece. Spoon the chocolate sauce on top of each square (a scant 1 teaspoon per square). Place back in the freezer until the chocolate is solid. Sprinkle on some flaked sea salt, if desired.
- Break apart the squares of fudge (if the chocolate pooled at the bottom) and enjoy immediately. Return leftovers to the freezer.
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide! Click here to download.
Just tried this recipe and absolutely fell in love. Rather than using a loaf tin I used a silicone ice cube tray with large squares.