Do you need assistance with taking steps towards achieving your weight loss/health goals? The Unique Muscle 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide is a FREE guide to help you achieve your goals the healthy way and in time for summer! Click here to download!
For the Raspberry Chia Seed Jam (makes 1 cup):
- 1 (300 g/10 oz) bag frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons (20 g) chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) pure maple syrup, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder (optional)
For the Chocolate Overnight Oats (makes 3 cups):
- 1 cup (100 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (55 g) chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) pure maple syrup, to taste
- 1 tablespoons (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Lean Up Chocolate Cake Protein Powder
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) unsweetened almond milk
For the topping:
- Coconut whipped cream
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Sliced toasted almonds or hazelnuts
- For the Raspberry Chia Seed Jam: Add the frozen raspberries, chia seeds, and maple syrup into a medium pot. Stir to combine. Cook uncovered over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 7 to 9 minutes, until the raspberries break down (it will still look a bit runny, but it will thicken as it cools). Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, if using, and additional maple syrup, if desired. Allow the jam to cool on the counter, uncovered, for about a half hour before covering and chilling in the fridge.
- For the Chocolate Overnight Oats: In a large container with a lid, whisk together the oats, chia seeds, maple syrup, cocoa powder and Lean Up Chocolate Cake until combined. Add the milk, and whisk until no clumps of cocoa powder remain. Secure lid and let it sit on the counter for 2 to 3 minutes. After sitting briefly, shake the mixture (or stir) again to combine. This just helps prevent the chia seeds from clumping up. Chill in the fridge for a couple hours, or overnight.
- When the chia jam and oats are ready, layer them into jars or bowls along with the coconut whipped cream. Add your desired toppings and enjoy! The parfaits can be made in advance and enjoyed for a few days.
For more tips and meal ideas, download our FREE 12 WEEK LEAN UP Healthy Eating Guide! Click here to download.
Original Source: http://ohsheglows.com/2016/07/21/chocolate-raspberry-dreams-breakfast-parfait/